Christian Hellmich & Colleagues – Insolvency Law Corporate Restructuring, M&A, and Corporate Reorganization, Stuttgart
Christian Hellmich & Collegen works closely with private and corporate clients facing insolvency issues or facing financial distress situations. We negotiate with creditors and find the best alternatives available.
Our firm has one of the most experienced and respected restructuring and insolvency practices in the region, collaborating on domestic and cross-border restructuring issues. Our team is expert in all facets of restructuring and insolvency engagements in Germany, including liquidation, voluntary arrangements and out of court restructurings.
Our clients include
- Creditors’ committees
- Secured and unsecured creditors
- Bankruptcy trustees
- Buyers seeking to acquire assets from an entity in financial distress, including M&A of distressed businesses
Our court appointed receivers and our court appointed trustees liquidate assets and represent creditors in insolvency litigation. We are proud to be called adept at arranging out-of-court restructurings and out-of-court distressed M&A transactions. We advise both creditors and debtors on acquisitions during bankruptcy proceedings.
Our lawyers also advise corporate officers who face liability issues in insolvency litigation.
Our Insolvency Litigation Group provides sophisticated counsel to clients in all types of insolvency litigation matters. It is characterized as one of the best in the region, representing an impressive roster of clients. The group has solid experience in handling middle-market cases for trustees, for secured and unsecured creditors, for creditors’ committees, for investors, and for debtors.
We have considerable – out of court and in court – experience in contesting and retrieving payments facilitated by corporate officers during a corporate crisis.
- Businesses that face financial difficulties
- Entities that have been granted protection from creditors
- Entities that are in receivership or in liquidation
- Individuals facing bankruptcy
- All forms of distressed asset sales
- Out-of-Court Restructurings
- Distressed M&A transactions
- Insolvency Litigation
- Bail-Ins for SME
- Misfeasance Claims
- Asset and debt recovery
- Court granted debt discharge, including objections
- Asset recovery during receivership